Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this post.
I’m Myles; I’m the Founder & CEO of BrightLocal.
As you know we have taken the difficult decision to raise our prices for the first time in 5 years.
I’m writing this post to explain why we’re making this change and reaffirm our commitment to building the best & most cost-effective local reporting dashboard available online.
We haven’t taken this decision lightly. We have always prided ourselves on providing a great service that is affordable for all SEOs, Agencies and SMBs.
We also pride ourselves on consistently improving and innovating by adding new features and data-points into the BrightLocal toolset. In fact we added two new enhancements just this week:
- Keyword Query Volumes – so you can see how many searches are done per keyword*
- Keyword Groups – so you can compare ranking performance between groups of similar terms
To enable us to keep innovating and improving our platform, we need to make sure that our revenues stay ahead of costs. And to ensure this happens we need to make a small increase in our prices.
*This feature is available for free for customers on our SEO Pro Plan.
Funding Great Innovations
Since our last price update we have added more than 80 new features and enhancements to the BrightLocal platform. Here is a snapshot of just some of these improvements:
- ReviewFlow report – new reports to monitor reviews across 18 popular review sites
- Listing & NAP Audit – audit NAP details across 200 listing sites in 6 countries
- Location Dashboard – dashboard to view all your Local SEO data in 1 place
- Google Analytics integration – view your GA data alongside SEO data
- Facebook & Twitter integration – view your social data alongside SEO data
- Search Ranking Roll-Up Reports – view search rankings for many locations in one report
- Google My Business Integration – import data from GMB for easy location set-up
- Daily GMB Monitoring – monitor your GMB profile for any unauthorized updates
- SERP Screen Shots – see exactly how we see your ranking in all search engines
- Branded External URL reports – for easy, white-label reporting to clients
Looking ahead…We have a host of exciting improvements that we’re bringing to the platform. Here are four upcoming enhancements we have planned:
- GMB Insights Data – view GMB insights data alongside SEO data in Location Dashboard
- Multi-Location Dashboard – view and analyze data for multiple locations in one Dashboard
- Lead-Generation Tools for Agencies – attract SMBs through free ‘audit’ reports
- Call Tracking Integration – see data from leading call tracking providers alongside SEO data
New Subscription Plan Prices
The price increase only affects our Main Subscription Plans.
The prices for Add-on Plans are not changing and will remain the same.
|Subscription Plan||Old Price||New Price|
|Single Business (Annual Plan)||$199/year||$290/year|
|Multi-Business (Annual Plan)||$349/year||$490/year|
|SEO Pro (Annual Plan)||$649/year||$790/year|
*Annual pricing is Monthly Price x 10 (2 months free)
CitationBurst Not Affected
This price increase only affects subscriptions for our automated reporting tools and location dashboard. CitationBurst costs will remain the same for the foreseeable future.
Timing of Price Change
The price change will happen in two stages:
- For all existing customers the price increase will take effect from August 1, 2017.
- All payments before then will be at current price points.
- After August 1st all payments for main subscription plans will be at the new price point.
Note – customers on Annual (12-month) Plans won’t see this price increase until the end of their current 12-month subscription period
- All new customers signing up for BrightLocal will see the new prices starting today.
The Most Affordable Local SEO Toolset
Even after this price increase, BrightLocal remains the most affordable local search toolset for SEOs, Agencies and SMBs.
We have put together a price comparison table that compares the features and prices of 13 popular SEO toolsets.
|Tool||Price Range*||Price/ Keyword**||Rank Track.||Competitor Comp.||Citation Audit||Reputation Mon.||GMB Monitor||Website Audit||GA Integration||Link Track|
|Advanced Web Ranking||$49-$1499||$0.02|
|Placesscout||on demand||on demand|
*Prices are Per Month
**This is an average Price per Keyword across all available plans.
***Citation Monitoring & Reputation Monitoring are separate tools which incur separate monthly costs of $20-$100/month.
^Moz-Local bills annually ($179-$249/year) and also includes local listing distribution via data aggregators. See a full comparison of BrightLocal vs MozLocal
Contact Me if You Have Questions or Concerns
I appreciate that some people will be disappointed by this news, and I am available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
Please email me directly at email@example.com and I will reply.