BrightLocal is a SaaS platform providing a suite of marketing reports and services to digital marketing agencies, brands and small-to-medium sized businesses.
We have over 3,000 marketing agency customers and work with big brands such as REED recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their online performance to deliver greater traffic and new customers.
Launched in 2009, we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research and webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ 120 people across 4 countries: the UK, the USA, Ukraine and the Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub, comprising Marketing, Customer Success, Product & Project Management and Operations.
Last year we grew the company by 50%. We have ambitious growth targets for 2019, and this role will be crucial to help us achieve our goals.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities. We also like to have fun, with regular team-building days which include activities like paragliding, quad biking and sailing, to name but a few!
This is a new role in our growing digital marketing team. We are looking for a versatile, skilled and enthusiastic marketer with a passion for content, design and social media/ community management.
BrightLocal is a marketing-driven business with 90% of leads coming through inbound marketing. Effective marketing is essential to our growth and this role is integral to our continued success and expansion. We are well-known for our first-class research pieces and educational content, as well as our ability to communicate important industry news in a timely and insightful fashion.
You will play a key role in supporting our content team to help plan and produce content that delights our users and widens our audience. You will help to source, proofread and publish content from our expert contributors.
You will use your design skills to enhance our content and research pieces, making them visually creative, engaging and suitable for various types of distribution (e.g. email, social media)
You will flex your social muscles by taking ownership of our social accounts to engage new and existing customers. You will be active on all relevant forums, answering questions and pushing BrightLocal’s position as a thought leader in the local search industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Social media management: responsible for scheduling posts across BrightLocal’s social media profiles, growing the community through innovation, engaging with potential customers and raising tool/service support queries with the Customer Success team
- Creating visual assets to make social posts more appealing, shareable and engaging
- Increasing brand awareness through posting on and conversing with members of various SEO groups and forums
- Supporting the Content and Research Manager to ensure research is visually attractive and easy to understand
- Proofreading and editing guest contributions in line with BrightLocal’s editorial guidelines and tone of voice
- Uploading and formatting content in WordPress
- Creating conceptual visual assets to bring blog posts and research to life
- Performing keyword research to support content idea generation
- Optimising evergreen content to ensure stable rankings in search engine results pages
- Performing small-scale outreach to online industry publications to secure backlinks to content
- Regularly performing competitor research to benchmark BrightLocal’s content against the rest of the industry
- Supporting the Marketing team by monitoring the visibility of traffic to BrightLocal’s most popular content
- Monitoring industry news and trends to help keep BrightLocal’s content relevant, timely, and accurate
- Supporting the rest of the Content Team in creative idea generation
- A strong interest in the ever-changing world of SEO and how it affects local businesses, as well as how the major players in this field are performing
- Experience managing a community of users and customers, either through social media or by other means
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write in our predefined, friendly yet professional tone of voice
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, basic SEO principles (keyword research, traffic source types, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and keenness to expand skills in this area
- Experience interrogating Google Analytics data to make decisions about how content should be optimised for search engines in order to boost organic reach
- An interest in developing a wider understanding of the world of local SEO and the major players within it
- Personable and Friendly
- Creative and communicative
- Passionate and willing
- Methodical and accurate
- Practical and hard-working
- Professional and articulate
- Thoughtful and curious
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Key Area: Editorial/Content
Salary: £22-25k based on experience (+20% targeted bonus)
Why work for BrightLocal?
We’re a founder-led business and incredibly passionate about building a great product and service that our customers love.
We’re customer focused and always try to find a way to help customers and make their working lives easier.
We’re also very people focused and invest heavily in training employees and ensuring that there is a good work/life balance. We believe that work should be enjoyable and we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We celebrate passion and hate office politics.
We work hard, enjoy ourselves and respect the needs of the individual and the group.
We don’t get everything right but we’re always looking to improve. And we’re honest.
Here’s a few things that we’re pretty proud about:
- We’re an independent business with no external finance
- We’ve been profitable since 2012
- Last year we grew the business by 50%
- We have a very trusted brand – 9.4 rating from 289 reviews on TrustPilot
- Our NPS score for 2018 is 48.1 (up from 41.5 in 2017)
- No one works on their birthday – extra day holiday
- All employees have the option to work away/abroad for 3 weeks/year
- We like to have fun – e.g. sailing, paragliding, volleyball, quad-biking