BrightLocal is a SaaS platform providing a suite of marketing reports and services to digital marketing agencies, brands and small-medium sized businesses.
We have over 3,500 marketing agency customers and work with big brands such as REED recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their online performance to deliver greater traffic & new customers.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ 130 people across 4 countries – UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines.
Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub comprising of Marketing, Customer Success, Product & Project Management and Operations.
Last year we grew the company by nearly 30%. We have ambitious growth targets for 2019, and this role will be crucial to help us achieve our goals.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities, we also like to have fun with regular team building days which include activities like paragliding, quad biking and sailing to name but a few!
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Jobs/BrightLocal-Jobs-E2096468.htm
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled full stack developer to join our Marketing Growth team and help deliver the next phase of growth for BrightLocal.
95% of our new customer leads are generated through inbound marketing. We achieve this by creating unique content, resources and free tools which attract, delight and convert potential customers.
We have ambitious plans to expand the range of free tools and resources we create and need a versatile developer to help define and deliver these projects.
You will be the main developer on these projects and will be responsible for determining the approach taken to maximize user engagement. The projects will vary in nature and require different solutions to deliver but also a common visual and UX approach so they’re consistent for users.
This role is embedded within our Marketing Growth team but reports directly to our CTO. You will be mentored by the CTO and by our Head of Infrastructure (both UK-based) who have over 40 years of combined development experience.
You will work closely with our Kyiv-based development team and travel to meet them on a regular basis to ensure close working relations and to share best practices.
This role is perfect for a skilled full stack developer looking to take ownership of the projects they work on, who has a keen interest in UX and usability and wants to see the direct impact of the work they do on the growth of a SaaS company.
- 2+ years of LAMP development experience
- Experience writing applications using MVC frameworks
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience developing WordPress-based sites
- Experience of using git (and particularly GitHub). Comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging.
- Experience of using frontend build tools (npm, gulp, grunt, Less, Sass)
- Experience of creating robust and secure public-facing web applications
- Experience dealing with browser compatibility issues
- Good understanding of Linux and the Linux command line
- Experience of writing custom WordPress plugins
- Experience with Bootstrap or Foundation
- Personable and Friendly
- Passionate and willing
- Methodical and accurate
- Practical and hard-working
- Professional and articulate
- Thoughtful and curious
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Multi-tasker and works well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Key Area: Programming/Development
Salary: Dependent on experience
Why work for BrightLocal?
- We’re a founder-led business and incredibly passionate about building a great product and service that our customers love.
- We’re customer focused and always try to find a way to help customers and make their working lives easier.
- We’re also very people focused and invest heavily in training employees and ensuring that there is a good work/life balance. We believe that work should be enjoyable and we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We celebrate passion and hate office politics.
- We work hard, enjoy ourselves and respect the needs of the individual and the group.
- We don’t get everything right but we’re always looking to improve. And we’re honest.
Here’s a few things that we’re pretty proud about:
- We’re an independent business with no external finance
- We’ve been profitable since 2012
- Last year we grew the business by 26%
- We have a very trusted brand – 9.4 rating from 301 reviews on TrustPilot (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/brightlocal.com)
- Our NPS score for 2018 is 48.1 (up from 41.5 in 2017)
- No one works on their birthday – extra days holiday
- All employees have the option to work away/abroad for 3 weeks/year
- We like to have fun – e.g. sailing, paragliding, volleyball, quad-biking
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE