Cindy Krum on Building a Mobile-first, Future-proof SEO Strategy
I’ve got something to confess.
I’m not the most technical SEO.
I mean, I have a basic understanding of how crawling and indexing works, and I’ve overseen a few technical SEO projects – from a safe distance! But when it gets down to the nuts and bolts of technical SEO… Well, let’s just say, it’s not exactly lighting my fire.
But that’s all changed, and it’s thanks to this month’s ‘Adventure in Local Marketing’ guest Cindy Krum, CEO and Founder of MobileMoxie. Cindy is not only super knowledgeable about the nitty gritty of technical SEO, she also has an amazing knack for making it really accessible and easy-to-understand.
Cindy is one of the leading experts in mobile SEO, but her knowledge doesn’t end there. She’s always at the fore when it comes to understanding (and predicting!) what Google is up to and how SEOs should be reacting.
You might have seen Google’s recent Passage-based ranking announcement? Well, Cindy was talking about that two years ago!
In this episode, Cindy gave me an absolute schooling on many of the latest SEO developments. We covered:
- Why you can’t afford to sleep on mobile-first indexing
- How Passage-based ranking will impact how you create content
- The best opportunities to claim more real estate in SERPs (spoiler: it’s not blue links)
- How to start future-proofing your SEO strategy today
Ready to get technical?
Listen to the episode
We covered A LOT of topics on this episode, so here’s some more content to feast on.
- Want to go deep on Entity Understanding and Mobile-First Crawling? Then Cindy has a five part series that covers pretty much everything. Start with part one.
- Watch Cindy’s webinar on Mobile-First Indexing and The Story Your Data Isn’t Telling You.
- Get the full lowdown on Passage-based ranking.
- Learn how mobile-first indexing impacted local businesses when it first rolled out.
If you want instant access to the latest episodes, be sure to subscribe wherever you get your podcasts:
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Listen and subscribe on Spotify
- Listen and subscribe on Google Podcasts
- Listen and subscribe on Stitcher
- Listen and subscribe on Deezer
Tell us what you think
I hope you enjoyed this more technical episode. We try to cover every aspect of local marketing, so if there are any topics you’d like us to focus on in an upcoming episode, leave a comment below.