It’s official: review signals are becoming even more important to local SEO rankings. We know Google values trustworthy businesses, and frequent and positive reviews are one way to assess who comes out on top.
And while plenty of other review sites exist, Google Reviews’ visibility in search results is helping make Google the fastest-growing reviews platform.
We wanted to find out how local businesses are using Google Reviews, and provide you with the statistics to help you benchmark your business against others in your industry.
For this report, we anonymously explored the Google Reviews profiles of more than 93,000 local businesses across 26 different industries in order to uncover:
- Which industries are leading the way in using Google reviews (and who’s trailing behind)
- How many reviews businesses in each industry have
- The average star rating for businesses in each industry
- If star ratings and number of reviews correlate with local rankings
- Which star ratings are most common in each Google local ranking position
Interactive Industry Reports
To help you benchmark your business against others in your industry, we’ve created an interactive graphic that highlights the key data for each industry. Use the drop-down menu to explore the trends for your industry, and switch between data including all businesses in your industry, and those with Google reviews only.