Local Quizness – Quiz of the Year 2020!
Since May last year, we’ve been releasing Local Quizness every month to help test your knowledge of the previous month’s news.
This month, instead of looking back at December’s stories, we’ve created The Quiz of the Year 2020. Twice the size of the monthly quizzes, the jumbo quiz explores the biggest local marketing stories to come out of 2020, so you can be certain you have all the knowledge needed to be successful in 2021.
Test your memory in the quiz below, and as always, you can share your score on Twitter using #LocalQuizness. We’ve also compiled a list of every story covered in the quiz so that you can catch up on any news you may have missed.
Quiz of the Year 2020
- BrightLocal – The State of Local Search 2021 [WEBINAR]
- BrightLocal – The Year in Local Search 2020
- Search Engine Land – Listings that earn featured snippets will not repeat on the first page of Google search
- Search Engine Land – New local SERP live in Europe
- BrightLocal – GMB Features Suspended Due to Covid-19
- Search Engine Journal – Google My Business Launches New Post Type for COVID-19 Related Announcements
- Google My Business Help – Guidance for Businesses affected by COVID-19
- White House – Connecting Americans to Coronavirus Information Online
- Moz – Google Algorithm Update History
- Techcrunch – Foursquare merges with Factual
- BrightLocal – Google Adds New Features to Bolster Local Businesses Covid-19 Recovery
- Tom Waddington – Google My Business Upgrade
- BrightLocal – Apple Maps Ratings: What’s New and What’s Next?
- Yelp Blog – New Yelp for Business Features Provide Advertisers with More Control and Convenience
- The Verge – Yelp now lets businesses list the COVID-19 safety measures they’re taking
- Search Engine Land – Yelp’s updated ‘Request a Quote’ and new ‘Nearby Jobs’ provide lead-gen for SMBs
- BrightLocal – What is Google My Business ‘Direct Edit’, and What Does It Mean for Agencies?
- Whitespark – 2020 Local Search Ranking Factors Presentation
- MarTech Series – Infogroup Rebrands Company Name
- Online Ownership – Local Service Ads (LSA) Imminent for UK & Europe
- Search Engine Land – Google brings bidding to Local Services Ads
- Local U – New “Preview Call History” Module in GMB Dashboard
- Local U – Google Maps Showing Web Results
- Search Engine Roundtable – Google Structured Data Testing Tool Moving To Schema.org; SEOs Now Happy
- BrightLocal – NEW ‘Just Reviews’ Subscription Plan: A Priceless Reputation at a Fair Price
- BrightLocal – Take Your Local SEO to the Next Level with New BrightLocal Academy
- BrightLocal – NEW: Direct-to-Review Makes It Easier for Happy Customers to Leave Reviews
- BrightLocal – Agency Lead Generator
We’re planning on upping our news game in 2021 to bring you all of the stories you need to know to be the best local marketer you can be. Sign up for our newsletter to receive regular insights and news on local SEO.
Thanks for quizzing!