Ben Fisher on Finding Competitive Advantages in Google My Business
On this month’s episode of ‘Adventures in Local Marketing’, we spoke with Ben Fisher of Steady Demand. Ben is one of only two officially-recognized Platinum Product Experts on Google My Business, so this was an amazing opportunity to find out:
- The basics you have to get right in Google My Business
- The ongoing activities every marketer should be performing
- Ben’s tips to give you a competitive advantage
Ben also shared his backstory in SEO, which dates back to 1994 – four years before Google was even founded! With no playbooks to follow at the time, Ben explains how experimentation was key to success back then and how it still rings true today.
Finally, we dived into Darren Shaw’s recently revealed Local Search Ranking Factors Survey (of which Ben was a participant), to find out Ben’s reaction to the findings and his biggest takeaways.
Listen to the episode
Hungry for more Google My Business advice and insights? These should keep you busy.
- Read our write-up of Local Search Ranking Factors Survey for 2020.
- Watch the recap from Ben’s Local Search Clinic appearance, where he explained how to deal with GMB suspensions and reinstatements
- Fight spam more effectively with Ben’s guide to Google’s Redressal Form
- Dive into our Google My Business Insights Study to discover what we learned by analyzing 45,000 GMB profiles
If you want instant access to the latest episodes, be sure to subscribe wherever you get your podcasts:
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Listen and subscribe on Spotify
- Listen and subscribe on Google Podcasts
- Listen and subscribe on Stitcher
- Listen and subscribe on Deezer
Tell us what you think
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode and to learn about your own experiences with Google My Business and fighting spam. Drop a comment below to let us know.